The German Law Center of the Faculty of Law of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv in cooperation with Berlin School of Economics and Law are pleased to announce the Ukrainian-German Student Seminar “Ukraine: Problems and Solutions”.
The Ukrainian-German Student Seminar will be held on February 01 – 07, 2016 at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
The program of the seminar is designed for students of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv and students of Berlin School of Economics and Law with a basic knowledge of Administrative and Constitutional Law as well as International and EU Law. Work language of the seminar is English. That is why a good command in spoken and written English is obligatory requirement for all participants. Knowledge of German language is not required, but can be considered as preference during selection process.
During one-week seminar students will have opportunity to discuss the following issues:
• Events of the Revolution of Dignity, 2014: a critical assessment;
• Crimea, Donetsk and Luhansk: international law assessment;
• Minsk I and II: implementation and control;
• OSCE: tasks and role in the Ukrainian crisis;
• The legal basis of the antiterrorist operation in Ukraine;
• Peculiarities of the legal status of the occupied territories of Ukraine;
• Ukrainian crisis in the light of constitutional law;
• Centralization, decentralization, regionalization, or federalization: solution to Ukraine;
• Freedom and diversity of opinion in the context political crisis in Ukraine;
• The fight against corruption: problems and solution from the Ukrainian and German points of view;
• The difficult path to internal peace in Ukraine.
There will also be social activities and cultural events (e.g., excursions to historical and cultural sites) designed to familiarize students with Kyiv as well as to build strong professional relationships and a sense of community.
In order to apply for participation in the Ukrainian-German Student Seminar please submit on-line application form, following this link.
The deadline for applications is 29th of November, 2015.
The participants will be chosen by the Organizational Committee of the Student Seminar. The selected applicants will be informed no later than 6th of December, 2015.
We highly encourage early application, as enrollment is limited to a restricted number of participants.
We look forward to welcoming you at Ukrainian-German Student Seminar!